smpp server

Anand Gupta anand.gupta at iwp.biz
Fri Jul 21 16:36:41 CEST 2006

Hi! Stipe!

Can i know the cost of this smppbox?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stipe Tolj" <st at tolj.org>
To: "Anand Gupta" <anand.gupta at iwp.biz>
Cc: <users at kannel.org>; <devel at kannel.org>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: smpp server

Anand Gupta wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I know probably this is the wrong question, but can anyone tell me that if
> i want to run a smpp server, what software is available which i can use ?
> I saw the logica site, and the smpp library, but what i am looking for is
> a complete software which i can use. I would prefer open source...

Hi Anand,

the SMPP v3.4 server market is usually not open source, as CMG/Logica,
NowSMS
and other vendors value their products and don't share such server side
software.

Nevertheless some of Kannel developers, including Rene and me (Alex maybe
too?;)
offer server side extentions to Kannel.

In my case this beast is called smppbox that is able to act as a full-blown
SMPP
v3.4 server. Hence allowing you to connect own customers via SMPP and
leaverage
all MT traffic via Kannel's bearerbox to any of the supported protocolls.

But even those servers from the Kannel developers are NOT open source. They
are
subject to a commercial license agreement.

Regards,
Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org