SMPP data_sm implementation for MT messages

Michael Zervakis michael at zervakis.com
Fri Nov 27 13:00:45 CET 2009

Data_sm PDU cannot contain a short_message field. Actually data_sm
contains only TLVs and instead of "short_message" field we should use
TLV "message_payload" to send text. As a result text=xxxx is obsolete
when sending data_sm PDU. If we use data=xxxx what would be the value of
data since all necessary data will be included in "meta-data=?smpp?"  ?