DLR with SMPP and CIMD2, Validity with CIMD2

Hervé Nicol h.nicol at cobratelematics.com
Tue Mar 31 15:39:52 CEST 2009

Hello,

As I can see in the feature checklist
( http://kannel.org/download/1.4.3/userguide-1.4.3/userguide.html#AEN2386 ), it seems that the DLR was not tested with CIMD2 nor with SMPP protocols.

I am glad to inform you that I was successfully receiving DLRs with SMPP
until my SMS provider recently changed his SMSC.
As I was using Kannel 1.4.1, I tried 1.4.3 but behaves exactly the same.

I don't have a clear vision of my provider's architecture and software,
so I can't say more than:
SMPP DLR works on some platforms, but not on all.

Currently my aim is to fix things as quickly as possible, so I won't
investigate on why SMPP DLR won't work with the new config.
I tested a CIMD2 connexion, and DLR works nice. So I will go for it as a
first step.
I just have one remark on these DLR: it seems that DLR_BUFFERED status
is not supported with CIMD2.

However, I wish I could retreive CIMD2 "062:" value as well as "061:" in
%A dlr report. That should be the next step. But if one of you have an
advice on this, I'd be happy to hear it.

Then, one more feature that I tested is the SMS validity.
It didn't work with SMPP on 1.4.1 but we had a hmoe-made patch.
But with CIMD2 it seems to work well.

Thank you for reading,
--
Hervé