USSD Hack

Stipe Tolj st at tolj.org
Mon Sep 8 17:44:18 CEST 2008

Donald Jackson schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just written a patch to smsc_at to execute USSD commands on a GSM
> modem. Very simply, it will execute the given USSD command at a
> specified interval, and all USSD responses from the modem will be passed
> up to bearerbox as an 'sms' message (source address: USSD). The
> intention of writing this was, to periodically check the balance of a
> prepaid SIM card via USSD and notify me somehow (I used PHP + Growl).
>
> If anyone is interested in this code let me know and I will post it. It
> is strictly *not* an implementation of USSD in Kannel merely just a gimmick.

Hi Donald,

great news. How about posting a 'diff -u' patch against CVS HEAD to the list, so
everyone in interest can review.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org