SMPP 3.4 / GSM7 Encoded/ Kannel 1.4.1

Saoirse Amarteifio amartey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:51:00 CEST 2007

Hi

I'm having problems with Kannel and Encoding. I am receiving sms messages
from Vodafone Ireland and sending the messages to my sms service. The
messages are arriving but they are not decoded properly. This problem has
been troubling me for some time and i cant find and answers.

Messages appear to be coming into my sms service still GSM-7 encoded...
also, the sender phone number is prefixed with ' %2B' instead of '+'.

Is this a bug or is there some way to configure Kannel to decode in a
certain way. Or do i not understand the problem at all?

Thanks

saoirse