enquirelink patch

Denis V. Gudtsov denis at tangotel.ru
Fri Aug 25 22:23:25 CEST 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:28:26 +0200
  Stipe Tolj <st at tolj.org> wrote:
> Andreas Fink wrote:
>
>> thats supposed to be like that. Enqiure link should only be sent when
>> there is no traffic to tell the other side we're still alive
>
> yeah, but Denis quotes that Kannel sends always the enquire_link PDU, not
>obeying if traffic has been flowing in the "waiting time frame". ??

the main idea is to updating timestamp any time when pdu has been send or
received. i'm working only in ESME smpp mode (client). so, if SMSC receiving
and sends submits back to me then connection will be called as active. this
algorithm minimizes load to operator's smsc.
if you want, you can include this option to config file in group core or smpp
for example ;) i'm only learning your code and this is little difficult to me
while.