Kannel HTTP MO delivery failing under load

Giulio Harding giulio.harding at mnetcorporation.com
Sun Aug 6 10:46:31 CEST 2006

Alexander Malysh wrote:
> It's a bug in smsbox that it didn't limit max allowed http connections.
> The same bug is present in HTTP SMSC module. HTTP was fixed by me as I
> was at Centrium/Wapme but unfortunately I didn't merged it and don't
> have modifications anymore but it was really simple to fix. I will try
> to provide patch this/next week.

That would be great! Once this issue is resolved, Kannel will
effectively be working 'perfectly' for us :)

> as for the fact that MO messages are not retransmitted in smsbox: did
> you enable retry in smsbox?

As per the config I attached to my original email, http-request-retry
was set to 0, so no - the smsbox wasn't set to retry.

However, when I re-ran the test with http-request-retry = 10, I didn't
see any difference in behaviour - the log messages were the same
(indicating that http requests failed because of too many open files),
and I didn't see any indication that a retry was being attempted. The
Kannel docs seem to suggest that setting that parameter to a non-zero
value is all that's required to enable retransmits - am I missing
something else?

--
Giulio Harding
Systems Administrator